Home  >  FAQs  >  What If My Spouse Does Not Want To Pay Child Support

What if My Spouse Does Not Want to Pay Child Support?

Both the father and the mother are primarily liable for the support of the minor child. The support is based on the income shares model as stated above. It does not matter if your spouse does not want to pay child support it is their legal obligation.