Home  >  FAQs  >  My Ex Has Remarried Can I Stop Paying Spousal Support

My ex has remarried. Can I stop paying spousal support?

It depends on the agreement or court order between you and your former spouse. Alimony and post-separation support usually terminate when the dependent spouse remarries, but that may not be what you and your former spouse arranged. If you have any doubts about the fairness of the support you are paying, contact Raleigh spousal support lawyers Marshall & Taylor PLLC at (919) 833-1040.