Home  >  FAQs  >  I Want To Move Out Of State After My Divorce Can I Take My Children

I want to move out of state after my divorce. Can I take my children?

Do not leave the state with your children before the custody arrangement is finalized. You can be charged with kidnapping if you do so. If you have plans to move, you need to discuss this with a family law attorney and disclose this information to the court. You may be able to take your children out of state, but it will take time to arrange.

For legal advice concerning divorce and child custody, contact Raleigh child custody attorneys Marshall & Taylor PLLC at (919) 833-1040.